Monday, January 23, 2012

Tanker Jupiter

Looking back in my older photos, I ran across these photos of the tanker Jupiter, inbound at the Saginaw River Front Range. These were most likely taken in the mid to late seventies by my Dad. The Jupiter is a special boat for me, as it was only four months after I started my career as a firefighter, that she exploded in my first due response area. She was my first major fire and something I will always remember.

Jupiter inbound at the Saginaw River Front Range Light

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have been going through some old photos and have been scanning them to disc. Today I scanned some images I took of the Jupiter the day it exploded. I came across your blog looking for info on the length of the ship and see you have a personal connection to the incident. Here is one I worked on tonight.

    http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff444/randomphoto1/finalcrop.jpg

    ReplyDelete