Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buckets and Belts

In the mail today, I received a package that I have been waiting for for some time. It was my copy of a new book.

The book is titled "Buckets and Belts, Evolution of the Great Lakes Self-Unloader and was written by William Lafferty and Valerie van Heest.



While I have not yet had a chance to read the entire book yet, what I have read has been excellent! This book is very well put together and very well written. There are numerous historical photographs spread throughout the 304 pages which illustrate the information contained in the book perfectly. This book in my opinion is a must read for anyone with an interest in the boats of the Great Lakes, history buffs, and any "Boatnerd" in general. Valerie and Bill are two of the best out there at what they do and you will not be dissappointed.

This book and a number of other fantastic books and videos can be found here, at this address:
http://www.in-deptheditions.com

I would also like to publicly thank both Valerie van Heest and William Lafferty for placing my photo of the Mississagi on the cover and for including a number of my other photos in the book. It has been an honor and a privilege to have been included in a project of this magnitude and stature. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment