Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Saginaw River Passages - July 26th to July 30th

After unloading at the Bay Aggregates and Buena Vista docks on Saturday, the Olive L. Moore - Lewis J. Kuber were back on the Saginaw River again Tuesday with a cargo for the Lafarge Stone dock in Saginaw.  The pair stopped in Bay City at the Wirt Stone dock for a number of hours before heading upriver to unload, however.  A work truck and trailer were seen along side, as well as a diver in the water.  The reason why is unknown.  The pair were outbound for the lake early Wednesday morning.


Olive L. Moore - Lewis J. Kuber outbound at the Bay City Boat Lines Dock


Causley Marine Contracting working at the Skipper Bud's Marina

3 comments:

  1. Great Pictures of the Boats on the Saginaw River Todd. Just curious about a couple of things do you know if there are anymore Saltwater Tankers Expected in Essexville this season? What are the number of passages for the season so far? Also has Consumers Power stopped receiving coal? I only ask because I noticed on Superior Midwest Energy Coal Terminal vessel schedule there isn't any of the Thousand Footers scheduled to come into Essexville in the foreseen future. Hope that you are haveing a great summer. Dan McNeil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan.

    Check out my post above. I just posted the numbers, but yes, only 41 vessel passages so far in 2014. 22 less than last year at this time. I am not sure why no shipments of coal are coming in by boat. Train traffic is definitely up. I would expect there will be more saltwater vessels, but I would guess later in the season. Hope your summer is a great one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Todd thanks for the response. I can't beleave the low number of boats this season for the Saginaw River. I accually thought that once they were done dredging the river that more boats would be back on the river again as they were in the past. I remember back in the 1990's where we would see 5 and sometimes even 7 boats in one day. It was pretty common to atleast see 2 a day. Maybe things will pick up again eaither late this season or next season. Keep up the great work and thanks for posting all your photos. Its nice to see pictures of the boats on my hometown river when I no longer live in the area and state anymore. Dan McNeil

    ReplyDelete