Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saginaw River Passage - April 13th

The tug Samuel De Champlain, with her cement barge, Innovation, called on the Saginaw River early Wednesday morning, passing the front range around midnight. The pair traveled up to the Lafarge Cement dock in Carrollton to unload. They departed the dock during the early afternoon and due to strong currents in the river, began the long, slow process of backing all of the way out of the river. The Samuel De Champlain and Innovation are the first to call on the Saginaw River this season. It also marks their first visit since 2006.


De Champlain - Innovation unloading at Lafarge Carrollton on Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. I kind of stumbled across your blog because I was taking pictures of the Ann-Marie earlier today. Anyways, I found this picture and I realized, I took a picture of this tug/barge earlier in the week.

    http://michiganexposures.blogspot.com/2011/04/samuel-de-champlaininnovation.html

    ReplyDelete